As we come to the end of another TV season, the networks begin to announce returns and cancellations. I found this great rundown by the Huffington Post here. Sadly, there are always a few good ones that leave us too early. But it got me to thinking about my favorite shows that were shut down in their prime. Below is my own personal Top 10 List, in no particular order.
- Alias – Probably my favorite show of all time. I watch annually. Sydney made me want to be a spy…and take up kickboxing. But I’d have gone with Will Tippin.
- Arrested Development – The funniest show every to grace the small screen. It reintroduced us to Jason Bateman, and introduced us to some of the greatest characters ever created.
- Veronica Mars – I needed to see this girl complete college and go to the FBI! Smart mouth and sleuthing can’t be beat.
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip – Aaron Sorkin and Matthew Perry. Enough said.
- Firefly – A mere 13 episodes created quite a following. Super original–space cowboys with wit.
- Chuck – The fun-filled spy adventures and Zac Levi. Everyone knows a Morgan and Lester.
- Eli Stone – Funny and musically-inclined, we barely got into Eli’s life before he was gone. They ended really well for it being so short.
- Missing – How could we refuse Ashley Judd on TV!?!? A mom who really knew how to kick butt.
- Prison Break – A feature film every week! Glad they were able to release the two-hour special to complete it. But I could’ve really learned a few more things from Michael Scoffield.
- Pushing Daisies – Completely original and quirky, we’ve never seen anything like it but hopefully we will again in the future. We need more clever writing.
If you haven’t seen any of these, do yourself a favor and go watch immediately. Let me know what you think. If you have, there’s nothing wrong with a refresher! They are sooooo worth it.
By the way, this list was just off the top of my head, so I probably missed a few. What do you think?
(Note: Amazon links are affiliate links.)