This year’s trip will take place from Thursday, October 21 to Monday, October 25. We sincerely hope you will think and pray about this opportunity. We would love to have you be a part of this amazing experience. Please sign up by Friday, September 10. And please feel free to ask me or Mark if you …have any questions!
Emergence Dates 2010:
– Session 1 Training – Saturday, September 18 from 9 am till noon
– Session 2 Training – Wednesday, September 22 from 7-10 pm
– Session 3 Training – Saturday, September 25 from 9 am till noon
– Session 4 Training – Saturday, October 2 from 9 am till noon
– Session 5 Training – Saturday, October 16 from 9 am till noon
– Bonus session – Wednesday, October 20 from 7-10 pm (Team meets for prayer and final details.)
Trip dates – October 21-25
1. The training is fun, informative and intense. You will have homework before and after each session. For the trip, the entire five days will be utilized so please make sure you don’t schedule anything else those days.
2. These trips are open to anyone wanting to participate, either at North Atlanta or outside it, single or married. If you know of anyone wanting to participate in this trip, you are welcome to pass this along to them. We only ask that you communicate two things. The first is that anyone who goes must be willing to be led by God’s Holy Spirit. The second is that the person must be willing to “act as Jesus” to those they come in contact with on the trip. These two things are vital to maintain the integity, mission and purpose of this trip. Anyone willing to adhere to these things may participate on the Emergence Journey!
3. This is the only trip we have planned for 2010. However, if you can not make either of these trips and can gather a few friends for a fall trip, we will absolutely consider another one.
You can find previous newsletters, a training summary and an FAQ sheet at http://www.createemergence.org. Please let us know if you have any questions or need more information.
We hope that you will prayerfully consider joining the Journey!
Kristi and Mark (and Daron from Texas)
What is the Emergence Journey?
The Emergence Journey is unconventional in that it starts with no destination or persons in mind; therefore no “preplanning” is necessary. All of the preparation comes in team-building and self-awareness exercises. This trip evolves during the journey rather than starting at the destination. The opportunities and relationships that are often overlooked or passed up when schedules are set and destinations are planned are fully experienced here, allowing you to free your mind to the possibilities at hand. A random act of kindness and open heart are the only requirements. We allow the Holy Spirit to fill in the details. Additionally, we operate from loose guidelines to allow the trip to shift as needed. For instance, we travel back roads rather than interstates when possible and avoid eating at chain restaurants, making it easier to meet local people. We also build a Safety Net of Prayer, a list of people who are praying for us every hour that we are on the road. And finally, we avoid turning on the radio and using our cell phones if possible, utilizing time rather than killing it.