I got the idea of a “Summer Bucket List” from Andie Mitchell, who’s blog I love, so I’m
stealing borrowing it. 🙂 Plus, some of these items aren’t all that fun, so a bucket list sounds way better than a to do list.
And, hey, now that I’ve written them down for all to see, maybe that’ll help hold me accountable.
In no particular order…
- Find a new place to live. I think this is going to happen, and really, I need it to happen because I’m way closer to the new Braves stadium than I’d like. The traffic is already getting crazier. But I have no idea where I’d like to move.
- Rest. I’ve had chronic health issues for over four years now, mostly stemming from a terrible case of mono and adrenal fatigue. Less stress and rest are two recommended treatments I’ve not been able to make a lot of headway on, so that’s changing this summer. Plus, it gives me an excuse to binge-/re-watch Doctor Who.
- Find a new normal. I recently left my job, so I need to figure out what a week looks like now. Oh, and I guess find some freelance clients as well. Unfortunately, an extended sabbatical is not on the list right now.
- Plan my 40th birthday trip! I know, right? Can you believe it! More to come on this, but I’ve got a trip to Spain coming up this fall. So, now that I have some time on my hands, I’ve got to plan what that’s actually going to look like.
- Read. I have all kinds of articles, blog posts, emails and things to read that I’ve just been stowing away for the last couple of months (currently totaling over 500). They’re mostly about my new business, social justice issues and hobbies, but it’s a little shocking at how these things have stacked up. That’s got to stop, and I’ve just been waiting for summer.
- Catch up with friends. Work, travel and other busyness took over for quite a while, so I feel way behind with a number of my friends. But, as noted above, I’m “selectively unemployed” now, so it’ll mostly be limited to coffee/tea/FroYo dates.
Well, there are certainly other things on the list, but these are the big buckets. And sure to keep me busy for the next couple of months!
What about you? What are you up to this summer?