If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you probably realize how important acquiring knowledge is to me. I love learning! And up until June, I did most of that through Audible books on my commute. However, now that I work from home, I didn’t make it through as many books as I normally would during a year. That was probably the only bummer about losing my commute. But I made a big attempt during the first half of the year to compensate, and I’ll certainly squeeze in another one or two during my holiday travels.
Here’s my recap:
- A Curious Mind by Brian Grazer
- The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Smart Change by Art Markman
- Christian Meditation: A Short Introduction by Tobias Amadei
- Steelheart: The Reckoners, Book 1 by Brandon Sanderson
- Stoneheart: The Stoneheart Trilogy, Book 1 by Charlie Fletcher
- Vagbonding by Rolf Potts
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
- Visioneering: God’s Blueprint for Developing and Maintaining Vision by Andy Stanley
- Thinner in 30 by Jenna Wolfe
- The 40 Hour Work Year by Scott Fritz
- You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One) by Jeff Goins
- Restless: Because You Were Made for More by Jennie Allen
- Leap First by Seth Godin
- Let Your Life Speak by Parker J. Palmer
- The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
- Legendarium by Michael Bunker and Kevin G. Summers
- The Dispatcher by John Scalzi
- Ex-Muslim: How One Daring Prayer to Jesus Changed a Life Forever by Naeem Fazal with Kitti Murray
- Living Forward by Michael Hyatt and Daniel Harkavy
If you need more suggestions, here are my previous lists:
And if you’re in a short or no commute situation like me, but you still want to learn, try podcasts. I began substituting more podcasts for books since they are shorter, but still convey a lot of information. Here are the ones that top my list:
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- Christy Wright’s Business Boutique
- Budgets and Cents
- Building a Story Brand with Donald Miller
- In Plain Sight Podcast to End Human Trafficking
- The All Indie Writers Podcast
- Beyond Your Blog Podcast
- The Ray Edwards Show
- Coffee with Chris Caine
Interested in trying Audible? Click the image below.
*30 days of membership free, plus two free audiobooks to keep.
*1 credit a month after trial, good for any book regardless of price.
*Exclusive members savings. Get 30% off any additional audiobooks.
*Easy exchanges. Don’t love a book? Swap it for free, anytime. Seriously.
(Note: Amazon/Audible links are affiliate links.)