One of the other annual posts I love writing, but haven’t had a chance to post yet, is my reading list. Granted, my reading has taken a nose dive over the last couple of years since I started working from home.
That’s because “reading” usually means audiobooks for me. I love Audible! And my commute used to be over an hour, so I’d get through a lot of audiobooks. These days, there is no commute and car time is relatively short, so books have largely been replaced by podcasts. I love podcasts, don’t get me wrong, but I really do miss my audiobooks.
So, though a fairly short list, here’s what I read in 2018:
- Launch Your Dream: A 30-Day Plan for Turning Your Passion Into Your Profession by Dale Partridge
- When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor or Yourself by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert
- Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindlewald by J. K. Rowling
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic by British Library
- You Are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
- The Year of Less: How I Stopped Shopping, Gave Away My Belongings, and Discovered Life is Worth More Than Anything You Can Buy In a Store by Cait Flanders
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self Discovery by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile
- 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Where Am I Giving? by Kelsey Timmerman (see my video interview of him)
- God’s Justice Bible: The Flourishing of Creation and The Destruction of Evil
- The INFJ Writer: Cracking the Creative Genius Behind the World’s Rarest Code by Lauren Sapala
- Firefly Magic: Heart Powered Marketing for Highly Sensitive Writers by Lauren Sapala
- Business Boutique: A Woman’s Guide for Making Money Doing What She Loves by Christy Wright
And here are some of the podcasts I recommend:
- Armchair Expert
- Authentic Selling
- Being Boss
- Building a StoryBrand
- Business with Purpose
- Business Boutique
- Cause Talk Radio
- Courage & Clarity
- Honest Money Conversations
- Marketing Personalities
- Surviving Sarah
- The Enneagram Journey
- The Femtrepreneur Show
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- The West Wing Weekly (about the TV show)
I was even a guest on a few podcasts last year!
- Business With Purpose
- Startup Nation
- Social Good
- Mission Driven Monday (video)
- Fresh Fridays with Novis Creative (video)
Need more suggestions?
Short on time, too? Try Blinkist, which recaps popular books in 10 minutes!
PS: Some links are affiliate links, which means I get a small kick back for introducing awesome people to awesome things. I only promote what I love.